Green Party of Saskatchewan

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Volunteering and/or Donating to the Green Party of Saskatchewan

This could be very good for you! Please hear me out:

Consider volunteering to help the Green Party of Saskatchewan (GPS) . You could make this the best decision of your life. You could learn a lot, develop skills, have fun, pump up your resume, meet nice people (no let me say "meet VERY nice people") and... oh, save the world.

As you may have already noticed by visiting my blog my name is Larry Waldinger and I am a candidate for the Saskatoon Sutherland constituency in the November 7, 2011, Saskatchewan general election. I would really appreciate help from you with my campaign, and I know that other candidates for the GPS would like help in their campaigns. My campaign is in its infancy (today is: 2011-01-27) so I am still processing my paperwork to officially be a candidate. On my paperwork I need to list a "Business Manager" and an "Auditor", and that could potentially be YOU. If you are concerned about the burden on you I could keep the load light. To further reduce the pressure let me say that I think these positions could be changed if you later discovered you didn't want to continue. You can contact me at 306-384-3398 or lwaldinger@yahoo.com. You can also learn more about helping by reading Elections Saskatchewan's Candidate's Guide.

Here are some other ideas for your help. My bio info is the very first posting on this blog, dated January 9, 2011. Please take a look, and read through some of my other blog postings too. Make some comments. Please click to become a follower of this blog. There is no need to contact anybody either to help. If you study the issues in the upcoming election and vote wisely that would be great. If you are in a different geographic area please get involved with your nearest Green Party office or candidate. Rumors of a federal election are swirling about so if that is your preference, some volunteer work at the provincial level could be good training for you to work in the federal election. You could work for more than one candidate too. If you are already a business manager or auditor for one candidate it would require very little additional effort to do the same for more candidates. It would require some good organizational skills to balance more than one candidate.

Of course you could donate to my campaign or the GPS. If you want to make a donation to my campaign please make out a check payable to "Green Party of Saskatchewan", write in "Saskatoon Sutherland" in the memo field, and fire it off to the following address:

GPS Office  
PO Box 26001

Regina SK S4R 8R7
Ph: 306-352-0219
info@saskgreen.ca


Please join as a member. You can make a donation and become a member at the same time with this membership form. The form includes an inspiring "Statement of Principles" that should get you thinking.

For your convenience there is also an online donation option. That is how I got started.

Give 'till it hurts!

Here is another mind blowing concept, you could run in your constituency or another constituency. We do not have a candidate in all of our constituencies yet, and it could conceivably be that you are even a better candidate than the current candidate where you live. Perhaps you could talk the current candidate into allowing you to replace them. Maybe they would even help you with your campaign or maybe they would campaign (parachute style) in another constituency. If a candidate that I believed in wanted me to make room for them I would not let my ego get in the way. I would do what is best for the party.

Let me tell you an inspirational story that might benefit a student you know. Someone close to me was active as a volunteer in politics. Based on her volunteer work she received awesome job offers before she was even finished college. She made a conscious decision to compromise her studies only slightly in order to enrich her resume with real life, hands on, volunteer work. It worked out well for her. It could work out well for you or someone you know.

Oh yes, and don't forget, we could save the planet. I am not only joking about this. I believe there are some serious mistakes being made on this planet, and we need to make some changes.

I hope to hear from you


Be Seen as Green!

The Green Party Doesn’t Suck!


Vote While You Can!

Larry Waldinger
Saskatoon-Suthlerland

No comments:

Post a Comment