Green Party of Saskatchewan

Thursday, September 22, 2011

7 Questions for Leadership Candidates Green Party of Saskatchewan Leadership Convention, September 25, 2011


7 Questions for Leadership Candidates
Green Party of Saskatchewan Leadership Convention, September 25, 2011

What inspired you to put your name forward for party leadership?

Larry Waldinger: "I sensed that it would help the party and my campaign at the same time. Also, some people I spoke to were enthusiastic about me running."

What one issue do you feel should be the priority for our provincial election platform?

Larry Waldinger: "It is hard to separate which is more important people and planet or planet and people. If we don't come to grips with climate change it will cause a lot of damage to the planet and a lot of misery to the people, so what I like to say is that climate change is our "signature issue". If I had to choose I would say that climate change is the thing, but we need to balance a little sacrifice now with avoiding mass misery later."

How will you juggle work, family, and leadership duties leading into the provincial election?

Larry Waldinger: "I will balance all of my responsibilities the way I have been and the way I continue to do each day. It's not that complicated. I will work hard at all of my responsibilities. My union (ATU615) has negotiated the luxury for its members of being able to arrange time off from work, so I am able to put my work responsibility on the back burner for a while. In fact I have been doing that for some time. That makes the juggling act much more easy."

Can you please tell us a little about what first brought you into "a life political"?

Larry Waldinger: "I felt an overwhelming need to do something about the many crisis facing us. I started with a donation to the GPS, followed it with an offer of volunteer help, and it all just seemed to flow naturally to where I am at now."

When did you first identify as a Green?

Larry Waldinger: "I think it is in my DNA"

Why should we vote for you?

Larry Waldinger: "People should vote for me because of the passion, energy, and innovation that I have already brought to the table. Since 2010 I have been active, loyal, and dedicated to the GPS. I have experience in leadership positions. Same applies to my candidacy in the Saskatchewan general election to be held on November 7, 2011."

Where can we go to learn a little more about you?

Larry Waldinger: "Google me, click on one of the many links below, or use some of the contact information below to contact me directly:

Larry Waldinger
Email: lwaldinger@gmail.com
Mobile: 306-717-7275
Web: LarryWaldinger.com
Blog :http://gpswaldinger.blogspot.com/
GPS: Green Party of Saskatchewan
Bio Info: Larry Waldinger Biography and Quotes
Facebook: Larry Waldinger for Saskatoon Sutherland (Green Party of Saskatchewan)
Twitter: @VoteLarryW

Or may I suggest to you that you go to the leadership convention...

Thank you,

Larry Waldinger

No comments:

Post a Comment