Green Party of Saskatchewan

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Green Party's Larry Waldinger sees campaign surge in Saskatoon


MEDIA RELEASE: Green Party's Larry Waldinger sees campaign surge in Saskatoon

www.saskgreen.ca

Tuesday, October 18, 2011.

WALDINGER HAS THE LEADING GREEN CAMPAIGN IN THE PROVINCE

SASKATOON – Green Party Leadership runner-up Larry Waldinger has bolted out of the blocks and taken a strong lead with his campaign in the constituency of Saskatoon Sutherland. Since the beginning of the year Waldinger has brought in over 25% of all revenue for the party and he has generated approximately twice the amount of donations of the next closest candidate.

Penny Swartz, Treasurer for the Green Party of Saskatchewan attests to the numbers. "Larry Waldinger is an example of a persistent, hardworking candidate that has been able to generate a quarter of the party's income to date to support the financial needs of his campaign."

The Green Party of Saskatchewan has seen a 50% increase in fundraising for the party compared to the entire 2007 election cycle.

Regarding his second place finish in the leadership race held on September 25, 2011 in Regina Larry says, "I am relieved that I can focus exclusively on my campaign. In fact I would have been a little startled to have won the leadership race, since I only joined the party in December. I think some members of the party are still skeptical, but that only makes me work harder."

Larry admits he has spent only a short time in politics. "My limited time in politics has not tied my hands. As a result I have come up with some innovations that have really boosted my campaign."

Larry Waldinger. The Green Party of Saskatchewan candidate for Saskatoon-Sutherland.

-31-

Contact:

Larry Waldinger
Email: lwaldinger@gmail.com
Phone: 306-384-3398 (Home)
Phone: 306-717-7275 (Mobile)

No comments:

Post a Comment