Green Party of Saskatchewan

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Actual Costs Of Nuclear Energy in Saskatchewan

In Saskatchewan it does not appear the actual costs of nuclear energy are being calculated accurately. There is a legacy of environmental damage in Northern Saskatchewan left by the uranium industry. Hot mine sites and tailings ponds have been left behind for others to clean up. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a budget or a fund set aside to pay for the current generation to come around and clean up the damage.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to post this to your election blog, but it seems can only post to the most recent.
    You complain about the Conservative majority with small % of popular vote. I quote 2011 May 16 MacLeans p 62:
    “…the greater truth is this: they (Conservatives) have 50% of the vote in two-thirds of the country”
    I predicted to you the Conservative majority in this recent election. I now predict a Conservative win in this Fall’s provincial election. My whole family here will work to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete